Be in touch with us:
- Make sure your name and email are included on our college reps contact list
- Join our college reps Facebook group
- Email the committee if you want help with anything, or to organise a collaborative event. If you’re not sure who to get in touch with, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Campaign for LGBT+ friendly policies and schemes in college:
- Make sure your college has gender-neutral toilets in all college-owned buildings, and gender-neutral changing facilities where relevant.
- Make sure your college has gender-neutral dress codes for any occasions with a dress code including hall, formal ceremonies and may balls.
- Make sure your college has administrative options for trans and non-binary people, and circulate information to students about how they can change their name or other recorded information if they wish.
- Visit our “Why Gender-Neutral?” campaign page for more information and template policies.
- Consider starting a transition fund to help trans and non-binary students with costs related to transition. Many Oxford colleges have this and Clare college recently passed this motion, becoming the first Cambridge college to do so.
- Ask your college to show its support for the LGBT+ community by flying the rainbow flag for LGBT+ History Month (February 1st, some colleges fly this for the whole month) and the trans flag for Transgender Day of Remembrance (November 20th).
- Include LGBT+ inclusive consent/sex ed workshops in your freshers’ week programme of events. Email email@example.com if you would like help organising this.
- Ask for staff in pastoral roles such as tutors, nurses and college counsellors to receive training on LGBT+ issues.